Delight, not discipline, is the key to keeping your New Year’s resolutions.

Ask someone what they want in life and chances are they’ll say something along the lines of “I want to be happy.” When you ask them why they aren’t happy, they can usually point out the causes of their discontent without hesitation: they work too much, make too little money, don’t feel motivated, sleep too […]

Read more
35 Short-Term Goals Examples That May Change Your Life

You have probably set goals at some point in your life but never seen them through. It may not be that you suck at accomplishing your aims, but that you are doing it all wrong. Resolves such as ‘become fit’ or ‘secure a better-paying job’ are hard to accomplish as they are not goals. Rather, […]

Read more
I roll my eyes at most New Year’s resolutions

I’m all for setting goals and striving for self-improvement, but using the end of the year as a symbolic shedding of old behaviors is not the way to achieve new goals successfully. After hunkering down for the holidays, splurging, gorging and lazing around, many of us resolve to spend less, eat healthier and exercise more […]

Read more
The 3 Secrets to Achieving Great Results in Your Life

Are you going through a bad patch in your life where you’re not experiencing the kind of results that you desire to experience? Are you feeling stuck in your business and career? The truth is, you are not alone, we all go through the storms of life. The good news is that there is a […]

Read more
Science Says 92% of People Don’t Achieve Their Goals. Here’s How the Other 8% Do

Did you know that a staggering 92 percent of people that set New Year’s goals never actually achieve them? That’s according to research by the University of Scranton. I’ve done it many times, and if you’re like me — a driven, type-A entrepreneur — failing to meet goals can set you back and leave you discouraged and frustrated. (I even felt […]

Read more
3 Simple Steps to Creating a Lifelong Exercise Habit

Work and social commitments can quickly fill up the diary, leaving little time to take care of yourself. It can feel like a constant battle against time and it’s during these busy periods that we are more likely to make poor lifestyle choices. A change in job, work pressures or family commitments can all throw us […]

Read more
A New Reading Goal: Measuring Time, Not Books

I recently deleted my Goodreads account. I hadn’t updated it in months, was 38 books behind on the challenge I set for myself at the beginning of the year, and was connected to dozens of people whose reading tastes don’t necessarily interest me. (Sorry, random acquaintances from college.) Mostly, though, it was almost the time […]

Read more
Small Steps, Big Changes: How to Reach Your Goals in 5 Simple Steps

It happens every January: People start sharing their new year’s resolutions, and the naysayers chime in that resolutions don’t work. Unfortunately, the research bears this out. The average American sets the same resolution 10 years in a row and abandons it within 15 weeks, according to national surveys by the American Psychological Association. For the […]

Read more
6 Habits Almost Every Billionaire Formed Before They Became Famous

We often look at every billionaire and write their success off to luck or natural ability. It is a huge fallacy to commit this type of thought, though, and, it is actually detrimental you. Making excuses for others’ success gives us a reason not to work hard. It is easier to think that people who have accumulated […]

Read more