17 Wise Quotes that Will Inspire You to Declutter and Organize Your Way to Success and Joy
Have you figured out what in your life isn’t sparking joy?
This is, of course, referring to the decluttering method made popular by Marie Kondo, bestselling author of “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.” This KonMari method asks that you assemble your belongings, ask yourself if an item sparks joy in your life, and if not, thank it and kiss it goodbye.
With the series, “Tidying Up With Marie Kondo,” recently debuting on Netflix, viewers are learning how to organize their homes and transform their lives. If you embark on your own journey towards decluttering, you will learn that getting rid of clutter can reduce anxiety, boost your confidence, and reduce relationship tension.
Here are some wise words to get you on the organized path to health and success.
1. “Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
2. “Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.” — Wayne L. Misner
3. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo DaVinci
4. “But when we really delve into the reasons for why we can’t let something go, there are only two: an attachment to the past or a fear for the future.” — Marie Kondo
5. “Get rid of clutter and you may just find it was blocking the door you’ve been looking for.” — Katrina Mayer
6. “Happiness is a place between too little and too much.” — Finnish proverb
7. “The more things you own, the more they own you.” — Unknown
8. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
9. “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” — Joshua Becker
10. “Clutter is symptomatic of delayed decision making.” — Cynthia Kyriazis
11. “My riches consist, not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants.” — J. Brotherton
12. “Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.” — Christina Scalise
13. “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.” — Louise Smith
14. “To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common — this is my symphony.” — William Emery Channing
15. “Clutter robs us of life. It robs us socially, when we’re too embarrassed to have people over. It robs us spiritually, because we can’t be at peace in a cluttered home. And it robs us psychologically, by stealing our ability to feel motivated in our space.” — Peter Walsh
16. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” — Hans Hoffman
17. “Clutter is not just physical stuff, it’s old ideas, toxic relationships and bad habits.” — Eleanor Brown
This article was written by
Share this page to your soical networks by clicking the buttons above.