5 Ways to Better Commit to Your Goals
Working towards fulfillment and transformation is not a Sunday afternoon hobby. It means living your life with a plan in mind that you are 100% committed to realizing! Do you have compelling goals in your life for yourself and/or your business? How are you doing with them? If you are feeling frustrated or stuck, check out your level of commitment to your goals. Because I guarantee you that the results you get will be directly proportional to the level of your commitment. As we approach the New Year, it seems appropriate that we turn our focus to this crucial area of commitment to set the stage for a fantastic year to come. My post this week is all about commitment and how you can fine tune your level of commitment to reach your most important goals. Below are 5 ways you can get your commitment level back up to 100%:
- Define your why: Many of us have very fuzzy ideas of where we are headed and what we want. How can you be committed to something you’re not clear about? So take the time to get clear about what you want – your vision for the future. Make it as real and 3 dimensional as possible in your imagination. Operate “as if” you are already where you want to be. Once you have clarity of intention you will boost motivation significantly because you know where you are headed and the future looks bright.
- Transform your thinking: Rid yourself of negative thoughts and self-criticism by practicing being present. Once you can identify your patterns you can substitute positive self-talk.
- Be honest with yourself about where you’re at now – strengths and weakness. This will give you a solid foundation from which to build.
- Prepare to let go of anything getting in the way of your desired outcome. This may require getting the emotional healing you need.
- Think of yourself as a success already. Whenever you have an important decision to make, ask yourself “will this take me closer to my goals?”. If not, don’t move in that direction.
Remember: commitment is about intention and attention. That is why it all starts with your vision. You must have a crystal clear vision and a deep desire to reach your goals. These are the fuel that will propel you forward towards fulfillment of your destiny. For more great tips and tricks on the principles of transformation that will help you have a successful life, download my FREE ebook, “Intentional Fulfillment: Four Powerful Steps to the Life You Want.”
Share this page to your soical networks by clicking the buttons above.