Ten Steps to Success In Anything

ByΒ Allen Loomis

It does not matter how big your goal or dream is, this ten step guide will enable you to achieve success in anything. Have you ever wondered if there was something more you should be doing with your life? I often wondered that very same question before I got interested in the self improvement field.

My childhood was encompassed by a series of failures. My mother was a great person, but I often wondered why she failed over, and over again. What’s the difference that makes the difference between her and someone successful?

I came to the conclusion that continuous action in the right direction was the solution. My mother always worked hard, but she worked hard for everyone else. She never worked hard to better her own circumstances. She worked her full time job, saved as little as she could, until the next problem would arise and everything was lost. She wasn’t taking the right actions. You have to be focused on what you want, figure out a plan towards that goal, with the main focus point to learn as much as you can along the way. Take continuous action with this ambition, and watch your life unfold the way it should.

Here is my plan, that I use for every goal I make. I give it to you in hope that you will use it to unlock your full potential. Success Demands Action. Using this plan for your dreams and goals is the first step. Go through the ten steps below to accomplish any goal. Make yourself a Success binder with tabs for each step. Will you take action?

1. Make the Choice

Get clear on what you want. True success does not happen by accident. You have to choose to be successful. What’s your choice? Will you take the action necessary to reach your goal, at all costs?

If your answer is yes please use this affirmation and read it out loud each morning before you wake up and each night before you go to bed.

“I (Your name) promise myself to take continuous action every day to achieve my goals and dreams. Each day in every way I am becoming more and more successful. My Success is simply just a matter of time. I have made the choice to be successful. I am taking action.”

2. What’s your purpose?

Why do you wish to accomplish this goal? There needs to be a purpose other than just wanting to make a boat load of money.

Answer these questions and go over them at least once a week.

What can this goal do for others?
How will accomplishing this goal change my life?
How would this goal leave the world a better place?

3. What are you good at?

I believe that everyone has certain gifts. Make a list of all the things you are good at that relate to your goal. Be specific, state how each one of these talents will help you reach your goals.

4. The one hour Success System

This process is designed to calm, enlighten, inspire, and heighten your imagination. Starting out each day right, is key to making each day successful.

Daily One Hour Success System

• 10 minutes of eating fresh fruit and stretching.
  • 10 minutes of reading daily Self Improvement topics.
  • 20 minutes meditating.
  • 20 minutes writing your thoughts in a journal.

5. Make A Time Line

Break your main goal down into several smaller goals and pick an exact date when you plan on accomplishing each goal. Being specific and precise is key. I would break your goal down into 5 small goals. The last goal of the time line being your main goal.

6. Why must you achieve this?

List all the material reasons why you want to achieve this goal. Be as greedy as you would like.

7. What would happen if you did not achieve this?

Make a list on all the reasons that you do not want to fail. Go over this list often. List how the goal will benefit your life, and how it will burden you if you don’t. We all have neuron pathways that are created based off of our current beliefs. These pathways create impulses that create how we act underneath our conscious mind. When we change our beliefs we change our neuron path ways. One of the easiest ways to change a belief is by associating pain with that belief. Make sure you list all the reasons you want to achieve your goal, and all the reasons why your life would be painful if you do not.

8. Seek Out Smarter People

We cannot possibly be a expert in everything. Successful people leave clues. Seek out other people who are successful that can help you along the way. Leverage other peoples knowledge to help increase your circumstances.

9. Exceed Expectations

Always give it your all, one hundred and ten percent. Don’t tell the world what you can do, show it.

10. Develop the Action habit

Make a plan each night for the next day. Manage your time well, and you will make the most out of each day. The more action you can take each day, the sooner you will reach your goal.

Share this page to your soical networks by clicking the buttons above.

Comments

7 Responses to “Ten Steps to Success In Anything”
  1. Pawel says:

For most of us setting goals and following a list ‘what to do’ is harder than anything else. This is the very beginning. I would say if you really, really think seriously about making a small change in your life start not only be surrounded by inspirational people but watch them on the Internet (e.g. on youtube). Get a habit of repetition this videos as long as you start knowing every single by your heart. That will be the first step to convince yourself that the rest of actions upon your new life is much easier πŸ™‚ Good luck!

2. Aware says:

I think the first step (Make a choice) is the most significant one. Although it’s so obvious, choosing and making the decision determines the direction of your motion. Do it with awareness. Decide that you want to do this and that you choose to be that. All best πŸ™‚

3. Amy Hagerup says:

I think one and two are so key – what do i really want? and what is my purpose in life. For years I have set business goals that include income, rank, earning a trip, etc. but that is not what I am going to do for 2015. I am rather going to set goals that are in line with my purpose and what I am passionate about. The income and rank will follow, and even so, they are not that important to me anyway. I want to make a difference in people’s lives.

4. Randy says:

I agree with the comments her about Steps 1 and 2. The “What” and “Why” seem to be the biggest determinants of success. Although, it’s easy say, hard do. I’m stunned by how many people I meet who don’t really know what they want in life – me included.

I’ve always had the notion that it should be obvious, and I’m not referring to lying on the beach drinking margaritas. Rather, it’s like we should all have this intuition as to what our yearning, burning, fire-in-the-belly “calling” would be, and the only reason we’re not there is because life gets in the way.

But I’ve found it’s the opposite. People who hold a clear vision of their raison d’etre clearly are extremely unusual. A lot of us are what I read recently are “multipotentiates.” We’re not extremists, have a variety of interests, and aren’t experts at any one thing. And yet, it’s the extremists – those who focus on one thing to the exclusion of nearly all others – that our society worships. And as a result, that path becomes the presumed norm. We think, but of course my “passion” will reveal itself one day. Just “follow my bliss” and “do what I love and the money will follow.” I only need to release my inner child and remember what activity(ies) I engaged in as a child where I entered a “flow state,” losing track of time and forgetting to eat.

Perhaps sad to say, I’ve never experienced that. I’m always aware the time, and definitely never forget to eat. There are activities I certainly enjoy and I’ve had a successful career in my later years. I tend to be very balanced without wide swings emotionally, am not prone to peer pressure, and tend to avoid drama. It’s actually served me well, but there’s not much recognition in it.

I recall working in a sporting goods department as a teenager. We were called “Sales Specialists” and paid a tad more than a “generalist” store employee (a whopping $3.25/hr vs $2.50/hr). One day the store manager asked what each of us was a “specialist” in, and of course he got the usual answers from the other staff – good at basketball, excelled at track, etc. When he got to me, I said I had an interest in a number of areas in which the department sold products, so therefore was able to support a wide variety of customers (and in fact, was the second highest sales person in the dept). But despite that, he looked down his nose at me and said with a snear, “Oh, I see, you’re a ‘jack of all trades and master of none.'”

I got the message loud and clear, being a specialist is where it’s at, and I’d better get busy figuring out my passion. Now at 57, I’ve been through no fewer than a half-dozen major career shifts, trying to find my passion. Each time I changed, it created a tremendous drag emotionally and economically. Clearly, picking one path and working it regularly would be the ideal way to go.

It finally occurred to me that perhaps it’s NOT that we all have a passion and most of us never find it, and therefore die with our music still in us. Rather, the emotion of passion itself resides on a bell-shaped curve (like nearly every other dimension of human behavior). The majority of us are in the middle, ranging one standard deviation on either side. The rest distribute into the tails – some on the negative end and lacking any emotional motivation, and some high on the positive end, pretty much passion-junkies. These can be the high adrenaline-rush people and/or the extremely focused scientists, method actors, musical prodigies, etc.

So if passion itself exists on a normalized scale (and I suspect I’m slightly right of center but very much in the middle hump), then exhortations to identify my passion and purpose in life will be for naught – at least in the conventional sense. I’ve actually found peace in the middle, earning a sufficient income that it’s allowed me to provide memorable experiences for people (such as yachting) that most don’t have the means to allow. This has provided a great deal of joy (giving to others), which may actually be where my travels finally bring me. But, it’s hardly the stuff of “the right stuff” and would never make for an interesting movie.

Thanks for allowing me to purge a bit – thoughts?

5. Randy says:

And my apologies for the couple awkward sentences in my missive above. Writing in these little text boxes and editing as I go, make it difficult to assess the flow of the whole piece.

6. Jes Stone says:

When ever I have started a business, & I have several times, I have never cared about the $$ amount I would earn. I know that sounds simplistic, but follow your passions & the $$ will follow.