GoalsOnTrack Blog

A systematic approach to achieving goals and getting results.

5 Examples of Successful Career Objectives

By ALTHAF AHMED

One of the most important aspects of resume writing is the inclusion of effective career objectives. A career objective is what you hope to achieve at the corporation that you are applying for work. The best way to illustrate your career objectives is within a career objective statement near the top of your resume. This statement should consist of a single paragraph that not only includes what you hope to achieve but what you have already achieved in your career thus far.

The most important thing to remember about your career objective statement is that by placing it at the top of your resume, it is the first thing that the reader will see and if it is not done properly it is likely to be the last. As you are probably aware when a position is advertised, far more resumes will be received than are actually read and never has this been more true than now, thanks to the current financial climate. Therefore if you even want your resume to be read in full, never mind wanting to actually land the job, you need to show your suitability for the position as fast as possible. This is the purpose of your career objective statement.

There are many different suggestions online for writing an effective career objective statement but the primary piece of advice that I can give you is that you need to offer a career objective that mirrors what the employer hopes the successful candidate would achieve at the company. Of course, you cannot know exactly what your potential employer is thinking but by putting a little thought into it you should be able to figure out what the right candidate could bring to a corporation within a particular position. This should be your career objective. Below are a few examples.

For The I.T Professional

I am seeking a position as an entry position as a software developer where I can work in a challenging environment and gain experience in working as part of a team to research and develop new software products.

For The B.P.O Sector

I am seeking a customer service position where I can expand on my experience in this field and utilize said experience to increase both customer satisfaction and the companies overall reputation.

For The Project ManagerI am interested in a project management position where I can increase my leadership abilities through regularly encountering and solving problems, managing budgets and meeting targets.

For Basic Computing Job

I am wishing to obtain an entry level position in an office environment where I can utilize my pre-existing skills in computing, database management and business intelligence and gain experience of working as part of a team.

For The H.R.M

I am hoping to acquire a challenging human resources management position where I make use of my extensive experience in the field to handle staff recruitment and promote employee relations to increase the overall effectiveness of your company’s workforce.

As you can see drafting career objectives is not exactly rocket science, however you would be surprised by how many people get them wrong. They are the first impression that your employer gets of you and failing to provide a flawless career objective statement is in many ways akin to arriving at your interview late.

Comments

16 Responses to “5 Examples of Successful Career Objectives”
  1. Vishnu says:

Hey this is Vishnu here.
    I am in 12th std. I have opted for “Commerce with Business Maths” group.
    So basically my group consists of COMMERCE, ECONOMICS, ACCOUNTANCY & BUSINESS MATHS.
    I have always wanted to work in an MNC. I am very much interested in the Corporate world.
    From the above given examples, I would either like to go for “The B.P.O Sector” or “The Project Manager”.
    Anything in which the paycheck is good, the kind and the workplace is good.
    Please help me to select the course which I must opt for, for the respective JOB. I am just kinda confused and I have no clue what to go for. PLEASE HELP.

2. muneeb says:

I am now inter pass ,i dont know about my field in which i intrest.Now this is very difficult,that which field can i choose.I have not applicable marks for engineering and if i choose the commerce field,i dont know any thing about it.Can anybody solve my problem

3. Harry Che says:

You may want to check out a good book called So Good They Can’t Ignore You. It has a lot of great career advice that makes sense in the real world.

4. maryannm says:

i read accounting education in my degree..now i want to do business administration in my masters programm..they told me that it wil not be possible..pls i need your advice….

5. Harry Che says:

Maryannm,

Have you talked to your study advisers at your school?

6. Ritesh says:

I am a QA tester engineer for past 2 years.
    Testing games & applications on different platforms namely (android,iphone,ipads,browsers etc)

7. Howdy I am so grateful I found your web site, I
    really found you by error, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I
    am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and
    a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great job.

8. The nursing positions expected to increase in demand should be the nursing job opportunities you are looking for.
    Kate Middleton spent three nights at King Edward VII Hospital in London where she was treated for acute morning sickness.
    The Neighborhood Project, open to classes IX and XI,
    contributes to the underprivileged.

9. bhushan says:

Hello Admin,

please suggest me objective related to software engineer & my interest in programming

10. sandy says:

i want to include my resume some well goal and objectives

11. kalaikumari says:

pls send career objective my computer engineer professionals

12. Ogunnwa Babatobi says:

Hello, I am to write a career objective and submit before I can be given admittion in post graduate school to study animal science. Please can I get samples of this,to use as a guide line to write mine?

13. Ogunnwa Babatobi says:

Pls I need a sample of statement of career objective ,so DT I can use it as guide line to write mine as an animal scientist

14. HASN says:

Pls I need a sample of statement of career objective for oil and gas company

team leader position and ubove

15. Katlego sebetha says:

Pls I need a sample of statement of career objective for safety officers and radiation protection monitor